COVID-19 Information, What We're Doing to Help Keep You Safe
Like so many businesses, the Covid-19 pandemic has caused us to alter some policies and practices in order to keep our customers and employees as safe as possible. We thank you in advance for your flexibility and understanding as we navigate this challenge together.
Below Are A Few of The Ways We're Doing What We Can to Help Slow The Spread of COVID-19
COLORADO REMAINS UNDER A STATE-WIDE MASK MANDATE, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO MASK UP!
Employee Health Practices
- All staff members must answer health screening questions at the start of each shift
- Temperatures are checked and recorded before each shift.
- Any employee who reports any COVID-19 related symptoms (high fever, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, dry cough, etc) or who has been in contact with an individual exhibiting symptoms, must remain at home until they are able to show a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Employees traveling out of state are required to quarantine before returning to work or socializing with other staff members.
- All team members are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Employees are assigned individual work stations and are asked to sanitize their hands after touching shared surfaces or equipment with other staff members.
- Touchless payment is available
- Pens and other common tools are separated (clean and dirty) and disinfected before re-stocking.
- QR codes are posted for customers to easily view rental rates or to begin a reservation.
- Plexi-glass dividers are in place at check-out stations.
- Stanchions and signage are used to designate employee-only areas
- Rental equipment will be sized according to industry standards based on each renters specific information (height, weight, shoe size and ability level). Whenever possible, employees will not approach customers to measure equipment this season.
- When fitting equipment, customers will be instructed on how to properly put on gear and will be responsible for trying on their boots / helmets themselves. Employees will not be able to offer hands-on help to put on equipment as in years past.
- In an effort to limit exposure, no public restroom will be available.
Increased Sanitation Practices
- We have invested in an industrial strength air-scrubber and an ozone machine, both operate nightly.
- Rental returns will be taken outside of the building whenever possible.
- All rental equipment will be thoroughly sprayed with disinfectant upon return.
- Alarms are set at regular intervals during the day to alert staff to disinfect and clean designated areas and common surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at multiple points in the store, as well as near the entrance and exit.
- Any clothing or equipment that is tried on but not purchased / rented by a customer is immediately removed from the floor, dis-infected and placed in an overnight sanitation area where an Ozone machine is used.
Mandatory Mask / Face Coverings.
- In accordance with regulations we REQUIRE MASKS for all persons over the age of 3.
- Any person who is not willing to adhere to this requirement will be asked to leave.
Enforcing Social Distancing and Limiting Occupancy
- We enforce recommended occupancy limitations that allow for a maximum of 30 people in the shop at one time, this number includes employees.
- Reservations are required for all renters. Rental parties will be invited to wait inside for their fitting as long as we are within our capacity limits. Once maximum capacity is reached, renters will need to wait in their vehicle or outside of the shop until they receive an alert to come inside for their fitting
- Directional arrows are posted throughout the store to encourage one-way traffic whenever possible.
- Entrance and Exit doors are clearly marked.
- All persons in the shop are asked to maintain a minimum of 6 ft distance from anyone who is not a member of their rental party.
- Large group reservations will not be offered this season. The maximum number of renters allowed for each rental party will be 8 people.