While we may be best known for our Award Winning Ski Resort there is no shortage of other winter activities to enjoy during your visit to Winter Park.
Whether you don't ski or just need a bit of a breather, here are our top picks & suggestions for how to spend your time off the slopes.
**COVID-19 Update: Capacity limits are restricted and reservations are required for nearly every activity - book in advance whenever possible**
- Go for a Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe. You can rent equipment directly from us & set off on a free public use trail or visit one of our Nordic Centers where you will pay a daily fee to use their expertly groomed trails.
- Go Tubing. With several tubing hills in Winter Park & Fraser, this is a can't miss activity. Though it may seem silly we promise tubing is screaming fun for all ages. Our favorite spot? The Historic Fraser Tubing Hill - located just outside Fraser.
- Book a Snowmobile Tour with our friends at Grand Adventures! Choose from guided or unguided then suit up (be sure to dress for the elements!) and wind your way through mountain tails to enjoy unparalleled views of the Continental Divide.
- Venture Over to the Natural Hot Springs. Hot Sulphur Springs, a short 45 minute drive from Winter Park, is home to historic hot springs where you can soak your stresses away surrounded by natural cliffs and mountain views.
- How about ice skating? Strap on a pair of skates & live out your winter wonderland dreams at the skating rink located at the base of Winter Park Resort or channel your inner NHL player and drop by open skate at the Ice-Box in Fraser for a quick scrimmage.
- Treat Yo' Self! Book some YOU time at one of our local Spas or Massage Studios. If your body needs a break a deep tissue massage is the way to go!
- Shop The Town! Find a funky selection of local goods (like handmade copper jewelry & aspen wood furniture creations), Winter Park apparel & mementos, & specialty clothing, shoes & accessories. The majority of shops are located along Main Street in the Town of Winter Park, with-in the Cooper Creek Square shopping center, or at the base of Winter Park Resort.
- Catch a Movie...Or Bowl A Game. The Foundry Cinema & Bowl is a favorite spot you can see the latest film and then book a lane to bowl some frames with your game. The Foundry also houses arcade games, pool tables, air hockey & shuffle board so there is fun to be had for all! Word to the wise - check hours before arriving & call ahead to reserve a lane if you plan to bowl.
- Check Out The Fraser Valley Recreation Center. We may be a small town, but we are an active community and our public rec center reflects that. Pay a daily use fee (around $10 per person) to enjoy a climbing wall, gymnastics center, weight room, basketball & volleyball courts, an Olympic size lap pool, lazy river, hot tub & sauna
- Embark on A Craft Drinking Tour. We have a variety of locally owned breweries, distilleries & even a winery scattered between Winter Park & Fraser. A few of our favorites include: Hideaway Brewery (located right next door), Fraser Distillery, & the Fraser River Beer Co.
- Visit A Local Museum. Delve Deeper into Grand County History & learn about local legends like: Doc Susie, "Ute Bill", & David Moffat.
- Visit the Fraser Library. Snuggle up in front of the fireplace with an old favorite, or find a new one!